Hawaii Wilderness is happy to announce a new partnership with the Wilderness Medicine Institute of NOLS! Together we’ll be offering Hawaii’s only Wilderness First Responder certification. Study wilderness medicine in a rain forest setting near Volcanoes National Park. This intensive 80 hour course is a must for outdoor professionals and those wanting to get into the industry. Many jobs require this certification.
Learn how to confidently handle injuries in a remote setting; like wound management, realigning fractures and dislocations, splinting techniques, and spinal trauma. Learn how to improvise with things available on an outdoor expedition. Students also train in CPR, triage situations and a night-time search and rescue mission.
The instructors are knowledgeable, experienced, and animated. Classroom time is never dull, with realistic practice scenarios in the outdoors. Expect good acting… and lots of fake blood! Most importantly, this course gives you the tools to make correct decisions in critical wilderness situations.
*Three credit hours are available through the University of Utah. Certification is valid for two years. Ages 16 and up.
- Dates: November 3-12, 2011.
- Class times: 9:15 am-6:15 pm (with two night sessions)
- Cost: $750
1. Please print this form, and read it carefully. (It also contains helpful info for affordable lodging/camping in the Volcano area.)
2. Fill out and mail the first page with a $300 deposit check made out to: Hawaii Wilderness Adventure School, PO Box 1511 Pahoa, HI 96778. The balance is due by the first day of the course.
3. We’ll contact you within 24 hours of receiving your deposit to answer any questions and welcome you to the course!
Questions? Contact Greg at (808) 965-0613, firstname.lastname@example.org
For more WFR info, visit our partner organization: